Baby Spaghetti Bolognese
Here is a simple recipe of Baby Spaghetti Bolognese that you can make while you prepare Bolognese for adults. We used the sauce in a pasta bake with grilled aubergine and lots of mozzarella and padano. Baby got this:
Baby Spaghetti Bolognese, a small bowl
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- a small handful of minced meat, doesn’t matter what kind (we used half-half)
- 1 tomato and some juice from a can of tinned whole tomatoes (make sure it doesn’t have added salt)
- oregano, basil or other herbs you like in Bolognese (don’t add salt!)
- a few strands of boiled spaghetti, not al dente
Fry onion in olive oil. Add minced meat. Add garlic. Mix and fry everything a few minutes. Make sure the mince gets cooked all the way through. Add the tomato and some juice. Mash the tomato. Mix well. Add oregano and basil and let it cook with the sauce a minuter or so. Boil spaghetti well beyond al dente. Mix with meat sauce. Let it cool. Blend in a blender to a not so fine puree. I mashed the spaghetti some more with a fork (or the next day, I found that mashing it with the backside of a spoon works better!) and with my (clean) fingers. The little one didn’t object too much, so I guess it was a success? Enjoy!
We didn’t feed her too much at a time with this. This was actually the first time she ate coarser puree. She didn’t eat much, but that’s ok, more about getting used to flavours and textures. The second day went better… until the puree went too far back in her mouth… leaving a mess… But it’s so nice being able now to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with her! Echt gezellig!